Key design characteristicsThe Senvion 6.2M126 has following key design characteristics:
- Yield-improved generator and converter system with enhanced grid properties.
- Fail-safe pitch system with separate control and regulation systems for each rotor blade to pitch out the blades in storm conditions.
- Double bearing of the rotor shaft to ensure, to a large extent, that only the torque is transmitted to the gearbox.
- Tilted-Cone concept (negative cone angle of the rotor) and pre-bent, stiff rotor blades for improved weight balance and safe load transfer.
- Proven and reliable gearbox concept to achieve an optimal ratio between the generator speed and rotor speed.
- Ease of maintenance due to the spacious nacelle design.
All 54 WTGs have been equipped with an 24hrs online monitoring system for control and monitoring to obtain the most efficient output. Equipped with such a SCADA system the maintenance teams can react very quickly, and maintenance repairs can be executed in a timely fashion to minimize down times.