Key design characteristicsIn the tradition of the previous wind turbine REpower 5M, the Senvion 6.2M126 features essentially the same key design characteristics. Changes were made where they were technically required, or the design of the wind turbine REpower 5M offered room for improvement. Therefore, the key design characteristics are as follows:
- Yield-improved generator and converter system with enhanced grid properties.
- Fail-safe pitch system with separate control and regulation systems for each rotor blade to pitch out the blades in storm conditions.
- Double bearing of the rotor shaft to ensure, to a large extent, that only the torque is transmitted to the gearbox.
- Tilted-Cone concept (negative cone angle of the rotor) and pre-bent, stiff rotor blades for improved weight balance and safe load transfer.
- Proven and reliable gearbox concept to achieve an optimal ratio between the generator speed and rotor speed.
- Ease of maintenance due to the spacious nacelle design.
All 54 WTGs has been equipped with an 24hrs online monitoring system to control and monitor the WTGs to obtain the most efficient output. Equipped with such a SCADA system the maintenance teams can react very quickly and maintenance repairs can be executed very quickly to minimize down times.